LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The Covenant volleyball team travels to Montgomery, Ala., as the No. 3 West seed to take on the No. 6 West seed Piedmont on Tuesday at 5 p.m. CST/6 p.m. EST.
The winner will go on to take the No. 2 West seeded Huntingdon at 7:30 p.m. central (8:30 p.m. eastern).
- Student/Senior/Faculty/Staff/Children: $3
- Adult: $6
USA SOUTH TOURNAMENT INFO
- Covenant comes into the contest 10-17 overall but finished 9-5 in USA South play. The Scots defeated Piedmont twice, both in four sets.
- Piedmont comes in as the No. 6 seed in the West and 10-18 overall, and 6-8 in the USA South. The Lions came runner-up in the tournament last year, defeating Covenant in the quarterfinals on Lookout Mountain, before falling to Meredith in the championship game.
- Freshman Jess Chesrown earned USA South Rookie of the Week honors on Monday. Chesrown had a career-high 15 kills in a four-set win over Piedmont on Saturday and finished the week averaging 3.03 kills and 1.60 blocks per set.
- Covenant has been a much more efficient attacking team against USA South foes. The Scots hit .174 with 11.00 kills per set against the conference, while producing 1.39 blocks per set.
- The Scots went 2-0 against Piedmont in the regular season and went 0-2 against Huntingdon.
- Huntingdon garnered the No. 2 West seed after going 22-14 overall and 11-3 in the USA South this season.
- Covenant has won two USA South Tournament championships coming in 2015 and 2017. The Scots are 9-4 in the tournament all-time.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive e-newsletters, click here