LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- For a fourth consecutive year, the Covenant volleyball team will host USA South Tournament action. The Scots, the No. 1 West seed, will play a quarterfinal match inside Barnes PE Center at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday against the winner of LaGrange/Piedmont.
No. 5 West seed LaGrange and No. 4 West seed Piedmont square off at 5 p.m. at Barnes PE Center.
DAILY ADMISSION (CASH ONLY):
- First 100 Covenant students: FREE (compliments of Scots Blue Crew and Covenant Student Senate; student ID must be shown)
- Student/Senior/Staff/Faculty/Children: $3
- Adult: $6
LaGrange vs. Piedmont (5 p.m.)
TBD vs. Covenant (7:30 p.m.)
USA SOUTH TOURNAMENT INFO:
- Covenant (15-12) won its fourth straight USA South regular season division title after going 12-2 in conference action this year. The Scots have won 10 of their last 12 matches overall and went defeated LaGrange and Piedmont twice each during the regular season.
- LaGrange (10-11) enters the tournament as the No. 5 seed in the West. It will be the third straight year that LaGrange has opened the USA South Tournament on Lookout Mountain. The Panthers advanced to the semifinals in 2016 after knocking off Huntingdon and Covenant in the first two rounds.
- Piedmont (13-10) is the No. 4 West seed in the tournament. The Lions went 0-2 against Covenant and 1-1 against LaGrange during the regular season.
- Covenant has won two of the last three USA South Tournaments, winning the title in 2015 and 2017. The Scots are 9-3 all-time in the tournament and have advanced to at least the semifinal round four times.
- Should Covenant advance, the Scots would host the USA South Tournament semifinals and championship this weekend (Nov. 2-3).
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here