LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The No. 1 seeded Covenant volleyball team will host first round and quarterfinal round matches of the 2017 USA South Tournament at Barnes PE Center on Tuesday, Oct. 31.
In the first round match, No. 5 seed Huntingdon will take on No. 4 seed LaGrange at 5 p.m. The winner of that contest will square off with the host Lady Scots in the quarterfinal round at 7:30 p.m.
ADMISSION (CASH ONLY):
- First 100 Covenant students: FREE (compliments of Student Development and Athletic Marketing; student ID must be shown)
- Student/Senior/Staff/Faculty/Children: $3
- Adult: $6
- Live Stats - Huntingdon vs. LaGrange
- Live Stats - TBD vs. Covenant
- Live Video - Huntingdon vs. LaGrange
- Live Video - TBD vs. Covenant
- Covenant enters the tournament as the No. 1 seed from the West for a third straight year. The Lady Scots are 21-7 overall and completed a perfect run through the USA South at 12-0.
- The Lady Scots have also won a program-record 13 straight matches. The last loss Covenant suffered was to nationally-ranked Emory on Sept. 28.
- Covenant has not lost at home this year, sporting a 10-0 mark. The program has never had an undefeated home record during a year.
- Covenant is 6-3 all-time in USA South Tournaments. The program has reached at least the semifinal round of the tournament three times and the championship round twice. Covenant won the tournament title in 2015.
- Last season, Huntingdon and LaGrange also played in the 4/5 matchup in the first round at Barnes PE Center, with LaGrange earning the victory. LaGrange would then go on to upset top-seeded Covenant in four sets to advance to the tournament semifinals for the first time.
- LaGrange enters the tournament as the No. 4 seed from the West. The Panthers are 14-12 overall and finished 6-6 in league play. LaGrange has won three straight, including a four-set win over Huntingdon on Oct. 24.
- Huntingdon is 18-17 overall and finished 5-7 in the USA South. The Hawks have dropped three in a row, and four of their last five, since falling to Covenant on Oct. 21.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here