LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The No. 1 seeded Covenant volleyball team will host a pair of USA South Tournament matches at Barnes PE Center on Tuesday, Nov. 1. No. 5 seeded Huntingdon will square off with No. 4 seeded LaGrange at 5 p.m., and the winner will face Covenant at 7:30 p.m.
- First 100 Covenant students: FREE (compliments of Student Development)
- Student/Senior/Staff/Faculty: $3
- Adult: $6
Fans are also encouraged to bring a canned food item for Covenant's Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) annual food drive. Anyone who donates two (2) items will receive extra reward points through the Scots Blue Crew Rewards App. Download the app on your mobile device here
- Huntingdon/LaGrange Live Stats
- Huntingdon/LaGrange Live Video
- Covenant vs. TBD Live Video
- Covenant vs. TBD Live Stats (link to be activated after first match ends)
- Tournament Bracket
- Huntingdon enters with an 11-22 overall record and a 5-10 mark in the USA South. The Hawks, under second-year head coach Latonia Brady, are making their first appearance in the USA South Tournament.
- LaGrange is also making its first trip to the USA South Tournament. The Panthers, under first-year head coach Suzanne Henson, finished the regular season 20-13 overall and 7-8 in conference play. It is the first 20-win season for the Panthers since 2005.
- Covenant enters as the No. 1 seed from the West after wrapping up a second straight division title last week. The Lady Scots, under fourth-year head coach Joanna Ehman, are 19-12 overall and finished 12-3 in league action this year.
- Huntingdon and LaGrange split their two matches during the regular season with each team winning on the opponents home floor in straight sets.
- Covenant went 3-0 combined against Huntingdon and LaGrange earlier this year. The Lady Scots took 3-0 and 3-1 wins over Huntingdon and a 3-0 win over LaGrange.
- This is the second straight year that Covenant has hosted USA South Tournament matches. The Lady Scots went 3-0 in the tournament at Barnes PE Center last season en route to a conference tournament title.
- Covenant will be seeking its fifth 20-plus win season in the last six years.
- The winner of Tuesday's quarterfinal match will head to the USA South semifinals on Friday, Nov. 4 at the site of the highest remaining seed in the tournament
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here