LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The bracket for the 2012 NCCAA Mid-East Region Volleyball Tournament has been set and the Covenant volleyball team will face a familiar foe in the first round. The Lady Scots will take on host Tennessee Temple at 11 a.m. on Friday, November 16.
Covenant (24-6) is seeded second in the tournament behind top-seeded Campbellsville (Ky.) University. Victory (Tenn.) University is the third-seed, Union (Tenn.) University is seeded fourth, while Temple is fifth.
The tournament is in a double-elimination format. If Covenant wins its first match, they will take on any of the other three teams at 7 p.m. Friday night. If the Lady Scots were to fall, they would play at 1 p.m. against either Victory or Union.
Covenant defeated Temple in three sets last Thursday night to finish the regular season. Chelsea Van Dyk, the GSAC Player and Freshman of the Year, had 11 kills in the win while Stephanie Kirkpatrick recorded 31 assists.
McGilvary Gym on the campus of Tennessee Temple in Chattanooga will serve as the host venue for the two-day tournament.
#1 Campbellsville (25-10)
#2 Covenant (24-6)
#3 Victory (18-7)
#4 Union (4-26)
#5 Tennessee Temple (14-16)
Friday, November 16
- Game 1 - 9:00 a.m.: #3 Victory vs. #4 Union
- Game 2 - 11:00 a.m.: #2 Covenant vs. #5 Tennessee Temple
- Game 3 - 1:00 p.m.: Loser of Game 1 vs. Loser of Game 2
- Game 4 - 3:00 p.m.: #1 Campbellsville vs. Winner of Game 1
- Game 5 - 5:00 p.m.: Loser of Game 4 vs. Winner of Game 3
- Game 6 - 7:00 p.m.: Winner of Game 4 vs. Winner of Game 2
Saturday, November 17
- Game 7 - 11:00 a.m.: Loser of Game 6 vs. Winner of Game 5
- Game 8 - 3:00 p.m.: Winner of Game 7 vs. Winner of Game 6 (Championship)
- Game 9 - 5:00 p.m.: Winner of Game 8 vs. Loser of Game 8 (if necessary)