LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The No. 2 seeded Covenant women's tennis team received a bye into the semifinal round of the USA South Tournament. The Lady Scots will face No. 3 seeded N.C. Wesleyan on Saturday at 10 a.m. at the Slick Family Foundation Tennis Center in Rocky Mount, N.C.
LINKS TO FOLLOW:
There will be no admission charge for the tennis tournament
N.C. Wesleyan College Tennis Center
3400 N. Wesleyan Blvd.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
- The Lady Scots enter the tournament with a 14-5 overall record and went 11-1 in conference play. Covenant won its final 10 USA South matches of the regular season and the 11 conference wins is the most in program history.
- Covenant is also regionally ranked for the first time in progam history. The Lady Scots were No. 19 in the initial ITA region poll of the spring and mvoed to No. --- in the latest poll released on April 14.
- The Lady Scots have dropped just 21 total points in 12 USA South matches this year.
- Freshman Danielle Morin leads the team with 12 singles wins, while Aly Hall is second with 11 and an 11-2 record.
- Gracie Smith broke the program's career singles victories record earlier this year and is 10-4 overall. Smith and Claire Luger have compiled a 12-5 doubles record, which leads the team, including a 9-1 mark against USA South foes.
- Against the field (this year):
- vs. No. 1 seed Methodist (L, 2-7)
- vs. No. 3 seed N.C. Wesleyan (W, 6-3)
- vs. No. 4 seed Meredith (W, 5-4)
- vs. No. 5 seed Huntingdon (W, 7-2)
- vs. No. 6 seed Piedmont (W, 8-1)
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here