LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The No. 2 West seeded Covenant women's soccer team is traveling to Maryville College to take on Greensboro in the semifinals of the USA South Tournament on Friday at 4 p.m.
Friday's winner will take on the winner of No. 1 West seed, and host, Maryville and No. 2 East seed Salem on Saturday in the tournament championship at 6 p.m.
- Student/Senior/Staff/Faculty/Children: $3
- Adult: $6
USA SOUTH TOURNAMENT INFO
- Covenant comes into the contest at 10-5-2 overall. The Lady Scots started the season 1-4-1, but are 9-1-1 over the last 11 matches which includes a current four-match win streak.
- Over the last four matches, Covenant is outscoring opponents 9-1.
- Greensboro comes into the match at 13-4-1 and claimed the No. 1 seed in the East with a 6-1-1 record.
- The Pride is 9-1-1 in their last 11 matches.
- The Lady Scots have won all three previous meetings with Greensboro by a combined 9-0 score. This is the first meeting in the USA South Tournament between the two teams.
- This is the seventh appearance for Covenant in the USA South Tournament and the Lady Scots have posted a 5-6-1 record all-time in the tournament. This is the fourth time the Lady Scots have reached the semifinals, but Covenant has never been to the championship match.
- Covenant's last conference tournament championship came in 2006 as a member of the Appalachian Athletic Conference (NAIA).
- Kailey Burrell paces the Lady Scots with 10 goals on the season. Burrell is also 18th in the nation, and first in the conference, with six game-winning goals to go with three assists and lead the team with 23 points.
- Kyra Duble is second on the team in points (22) with nine goals and four assists while Addy Cronan leads the team with five assists.
- Lucy Sandhoff has logged just under 1,474 minutes in goal starting all 17 matches for the Lady Scots. Sandhoff has allowed only 22 goals (1.34 GAA) while posting 85 saves (.794 save percentage) with seven shutouts.
- Greensboro made it to the semifinals with a 2-0 victory over Huntingdon in the quarterfinals.
- Logan Schnabl leads the Pride with seven goals. Anna Rae Porcelli leads the team with 17 points on six points and five assists.
- Covenant played both Maryville and Salem during the regular season and went 0-2 in those contests.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive e-newsletters, click here