LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The No. 3 seeded Covenant women's soccer team will host No. 6 seed Agnes Scott in a USA South Tournament first round match on Wednesday at Scotland Yard.
Match time is set for 4 p.m.
ADMISSION (CASH ONLY):
- First 50 Covenant students: FREE (compliments of Scots Blue Crew; student ID must be shown)
- Student/Senior/Staff/Faculty/Children: $3
- Adult: $6
USA SOUTH TOURNAMENT INFO:
- Covenant (9-7-1) and Agnes Scott (4-10-2) met on Sept. 22 in Decatur, Ga., and the Lady Scots prevailed 3-0. All three of Covenant's scores came in the second half, with the eventual game-winner off the foot of Addy Cronan in the 49th minute.
- Wednesday's winner will advance to the quarterfinals to face No. 2 East seed Salem.
- Covenant leads the all-time series, 8-1, against Agnes Scott.
- Covenant is making its sixth straight appearance in the USA South Tournament. The Lady Scots are 2-5-1 all-time in the tournament and have reached the semifinals twice, including last season.
- Cronan leads Covenant with nine goals scored, while freshman Kailey Burrell has eight goals and four assists.
- Senior keeper Rachel Lemay is putting a cap on another tremendous season. Lemay is first in the USA South in minutes played (1584), second in save percentage (.843), third in saves (118), and third in shutouts (6).
- Agnes Scott got into the tournament via a coin toss late Monday night. The Scotties tied with LaGrange, 0-0, on Monday and forced a tie with LaGrange for the No. 6, and final, seed in the tournament's field. With all tiebreaker procedures exhausted and nothing decided, a flip of the coin fell in Agnes Scott's favor and continues its season.
- Caitlynn Croft leads the Scotties with five goals. As a team, Agnes Scott has scored just 12 goals all year.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here