LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The No. 3 seeded Covenant women's soccer team will host No. 6 seed Wesleyan in a USA South Tournament first round match on Wednesday at Scotland Yard. Match time is set for 4 p.m.
ADMISSION (CASH ONLY):
- First 50 Covenant students: FREE (compliments of Student Development; student ID must be shown)
- Student/Senior/Staff/Faculty/Children: $3
- Adult: $6
USA SOUTH TOURNAMENT INFO:
- Covenant and Wesleyan will be meeting for the second time in the last four days. The Lady Scots defeated Wesleyan 4-0 on Saturday, Oct. 21. In the Covenant win, Addy Cronan scored three goals and also had an assist. Covenant is 9-0 all-time against Wesleyan.
- Wesleyan (6-8-1) is making its first appearance in the USA South Tournament.
- The winner of the match will travel to Demorest, Ga., on Saturday to take on No. 2 seed Piedmont at 6 p.m.
- Wesleyan is led offensively by first year players Fetlework Blitch (nine goals) and Nadia Al-Shahabi (nine assists)
- Cronan continues to lead Covenant in all three key offensive categories with 10 goals, seven assists, and 27 total points.
- The Covenant defense has been strong once again this year. The Lady Scots boast a 0.80 goals against average as a team and have nine shutouts. The nine shutouts are tied for sixth-most in a single season in program history.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here