LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The No. 6 West seed Covenant women's basketball team will travel to face No. 3 West seed Huntingdon in the first round of the USA South Tournament on Wednesday in Montgomery, Ala.
Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. EST (6 p.m. CST).
IF YOU GO
- Date: Feb. 13, 2019
- Time: 7 p.m. EST (6 p.m. CST)
- Place: Montgomery, Ala. - Catherine Dixon Roland Arena
- Adult: $8
- Student/Senior/Staff/Faculty/Children: $3
USA SOUTH TOURNAMENT INFO
- Covenant (10-15) enters the tournament after winning three of its four games to end the regular season. The Scots defeated LaGrange, 58-55, on Saturday led by Kaley Hallmark's 17 points.
- This will be the second straight year that Covenant and Huntingdon have played each other in the first round in Montgomery. Last year, Covenant upset the Hawks, 63-53, to advance to the quarterfinal round. Joanna Smith had 17 points and 15 rebounds for the Scots in the win.
- The winner of Wednesday's game will move to face No. 2 East seed Greensboro on Saturday.
- Covenant will be making its third appearance in the USA South Tournament. The Scots are 1-2 overall.
- In conference tournaments all-time in program history, Covenant is 13-17 overall. The last conference tournament title came in 2009 when the Scots claimed the Appalachian Athletic Conference crown.
- Huntingdon (20-4) enters the tournament having won 10 straight games. The Hawks have not lost since a Jan. 6 setback to Maryville.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here