LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The No. 5 West seed Covenant women's basketball team will travel to face No. 4 West seed Huntingdon in the first round of the USA South Tournament on Wednesday in Montgomery, Ala. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. EST (7 p.m. CST).
IF YOU GO:
- Date: Feb. 14, 2018
- Time: 8 p.m. EST (7 p.m. CST)
- Place: Montgomery, Ala. - Catherine Dixon Roland Arena
- Adult: $8
- Student/Senior/Staff/Faculty/Children: $3
USA SOUTH TOURNAMENT INFO:
- The winner of Wednesday's game advances to the quarterfinal round of the tournament and will travel to face No. 1 West seed Berea on Saturday at 2 p.m.
- Covenant (13-11) enters the tournament on a seven-game winning streak, the longest such streak in the NCAA era of the program and overall since the 2008-09 season. The 2008-09 team won eight straight, including three in the conference tournament to earn a bid to the NAIA National Tournament. The program has had an eight-game winning streak three different times (1991-92, 2001-02, 2008-09).
- During the win streak, Covenant has shot the ball extremely well. The Scots have connected on at least 46 percent from the field in six of the seven wins, including a season-high 50 percent in an 86-58 win over Wesleyan on Feb. 9, and are making over nine 3-pointers per game. For the year, Covenant ranks third in the USA South in field goal percentage at 41.2 percent.
- Huntingdon and Covenant met twice during the regular season, with Huntingdon coming out on top in both meetings by a combined five points. Huntingdon had a 70-68 win on Lookout Mountain on Jan. 4, and a 58-55 victory in Montgomery on Jan. 12.
- Covenant is 12-16 all-time in conference tournaments. The program has one conference tournament title, a 2009 AAC championship while a member of the NAIA.
- Huntingdon (16-9) enters having won four of its final five games of the regular season. The Hawks were 85-51 winners over Brevard on Feb. 11, the regular season finale.
- Huntingdon senior Juliette Harp became the program's first player to record at least 1,000 career points and 1,000 career rebounds during the year. Harp has 23 double-doubles on the year.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here