LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The No. 2 seeded Covenant men's soccer team will host No. 3 seed Piedmont in a USA South Tournament first round match on Tuesday at Scotland Yard.
Match time is set for 4 p.m.
ADMISSION (CASH ONLY):
- First 100 Covenant students: FREE (compliments of Scots Blue Crew and Covenant Student Senate; student ID must be shown)
- Student/Senior/Staff/Faculty/Child: $3
- Adult: $6
USA SOUTH TOURNAMENT INFO:
- Covenant (12-5-1) and Piedmont (8-5-3) met on Oct. 10 and the Scots rallied late before coming up with a 2-1, double-overtime victory. Austin Berry scored late in the second half to even the score at 1-1 and then Jake Major scored in the final minute of the second overtime to give the Scots the win.
- Covenant is 13-0-1 all-time against Piedmont, a series that began in 1995. The series has seen four overtime matches and the lone draw came in 2015.
- It will also be the third time that the programs have met in the USA South Tournament. Covenant won 1-0 in the 2014 tournament first round on Lookout Mountain. Last year, the Scots went on the road to notch a 3-0 win in the opening round.
- Covenant is making its sixth all-time appearance in the USA South Tournament. The Scots won the championship in 2014 and are 4-3-1 all-time in the tournament.
- Piedmont finished 6-3-3 in USA South play, but started the year 5-0 in league play. The Lions are led by Cameron Earls and his league-leading 16 goals, while Jose Linares leads the USA South with 10 assists.
- Covenant is led by Parker Owen and Jesse Riggs as both scored six times in the regular season, while Major has scored five times on the year.
- Tuesday's winner will advance to play the winner of No. 1 East seed Greensboro and No. 4 East seed Methodist in the USA South Tournament semifinals.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here