LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The No. 3 seeded Covenant men's soccer team will open up the 2017 USA South Tournament on Saturday with a trip to No. 2 seed Piedmont. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. at the Walker Athletic Complex in Demorest, Ga.
IF YOU GO:
- Date: Oct. 28, 2017
- Time: 3 p.m.
- Place: Demorest, Ga. - Walker Athletic Complex
- Adult: $6
- Student/Senior/Staff/Faculty/Children: $3
USA SOUTH TOURNAMENT INFO:
- Covenant and Piedmont will be meeting for the second time this season. The Scots defeated the Lions 2-0 on Sept. 27 at Scotland Yard, aided by goals from Noah Lee and Jonathan Barrett.
- The winner of the match will move on to the semifinals of the tournament against the winner of East #1 seed N.C. Wesleyan and East #4 seed Ferrum
- Covenant has never lost to Piedmont. In 12 all-time meetings between the programs, dating back to 1995, Covenant is 11-0-1. The lone tie occurred in 2015.
- Covenant (8-11-1) is coming off a 9-0 rout of Berea at home on Wednesday. Ethan Pettit had a hat trick, while Carl Simakoff and Jake Major each scored twice. It was the first career hat trick for Pettit and the first two goals of Major's collegiate career.
- The Scots are 3-2-1 all-time in USA South Tournament play. All three wins came in the 2014 season when Covenant claimed the conference championship. In that 2014 tournament, Covenant began with a quarterfinal round win over Piedmont at home (1-0). The 2014 tournament meeting is the only time Piedmont and Covenant have met in postseason play.
- Piedmont (9-6) closed out its regular season with a 4-1 loss to Maryville on Wednesday
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here