LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The No. 1 West seeded Covenant men's basketball team will host No. 4 West seed Maryville in a USA South Tournament first round game on Tuesday, Feb. 25 at 7:30 p.m. inside Barnes PE Center.
Tuesday's winner advances to play the winner of No. 2 East seed William Peace and No. 3 East seed Methodist in the semifinals of the tournament.
ADMISSION (CASH ONLY)
- First 50 Covenant students (with valid student ID) are FREE
- Student/Senior/Staff/Faculty/Children: $3
- Adult: $8
- Children 6 and under: Free
USA SOUTH TOURNAMENT INFO
- Covenant (14-11, 11-7 USA South) claimed its second straight USA South West Division regular season title. It's the first time in program history that the Scots have won back-to-back conference regular season crowns and it is a program-record fifth straight winning season.
- Covenant is 9-1 inside Barnes PE Center this year.
- The Scots are making their sixth straight appearance in the USA South Tournament. Covenant won the tournament in 2016 with a 101-92 overtime victory over LaGrange. The Scots are 6-4 all-time in the tournament.
- Covenant and Maryville last met in the USA South Tournament in 2018 in the championship round. Maryville, playing on its home court, defeated Covenant 96-77.
- Covenant won both meetings with Maryville this season, winning 68-62 on the road on Dec. 4 before claiming a comeback win in overtime, 72-70, at home on Feb. 5. Maryville leads the all-time series 29-10.
- Junior Will Crumly is putting together another strong season. The reigning USA South Player of the Year, and preseason All-American, is averaging a team-best 17.2 points per game with 8.6 rebounds. Crumly is sixth in the USA South in scoring, fourth in rebound average, and fourth in field goal percentage (56.7).
- Maryville (9-16, 8-10 USA South) snuck into the USA South Tournament after defeating LaGrange, 75-71, on the road on Saturday. Maryville has won four of its last five games.
- Kevin Chong leads Maryville in scoring at 12.3 points per game, while JR Sanders averages 11.1 points per contest.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive e-newsletters, click here