Related: Full Schedule
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- A home-heavy slate of games awaits the Covenant baseball team in 2019 as head coach Doug Simons recently announced the schedule.
Covenant, in its 13th season of the modern era, is set to play 40 regular season games, with 24 of those coming atop Lookout Mountain.
The Scots will open the season on the road on Friday, Feb. 8 at Oglethorpe for game one of the three-game series with the Stormy Petrels. Games two and three are slated for the following day (Feb. 9) on Lookout Mountain.
Those two games against Oglethorpe begins a 12-game homestand for the Scots stretching from Feb. 9 through March 5. In that stretch, Covenant will host a three-game set with Emory & Henry (Feb. 15-16) and open up USA South play against Maryville (Feb. 22-23). In March, the homestand concludes with a three-game series against Wheaton (Ill.) (March 1-2) and a single game vs. Wittenberg (March 5).
Covenant will host conference series with Berea (March 15-16) and Huntingdon (March 29-30) later in March, along with non-conference contests against Calvin (March 20) and Sewanee (March 26). The home slate will end in April as Berry (April 16) and N.C. Wesleyan (April 19-20) make the trek up the Mountain.
The Scots will travel to USA South foes Averett (March 8-9), LaGrange (March 22-23), Piedmont (April 5-6), and Brevard (April 12-13) to round out the league schedule. Covenant also has road non-conference games against region foes Sewanee (March 12), Berry (April 2) and Birmingham Southern (April 9).
The USA South Tournament is scheduled to begin on April 25 in LaGrange, Ga.
- Three new opponents on the schedule this season. Covenant will face Wheaton, Wittenberg, and Calvin for a total of five games and those will mark the first all-time meetings between the programs.
- The most common opponent on the schedule this year is Berry. The Scots and Vikings have squared off 32 times since 2007.
- Games against Brevard will count towards USA South standings this season. However, both Brevard and Pfeiffer are ineligible for the conference tournament as they continue the transition to NCAA Division III.
- Covenant is unbeaten all-time against Berea at 11-0.
- All game times and dates are subject to change.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here