Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
Women's Tennis (1-0)
W, 7-2 vs. Snead State
VOLLEYBALL MAKES SPORTS CENTER:
It was quite the week for the volleyball program. The Lady Scots won three matches, but also made an appearance on ESPN's Sports Center after a crazy play occurred in the Maryville match on Wednesday... FULL STORY
Before going on Sports Center, the play was picked up by two NCAA accounts.
- The volleyball team is off to a 3-0 start in conference play after collecting three four-set wins last week. It is the first time since joining the USA South that Covenant has started league play with three straight wins, and the first time since 2012 that the program has accomplished the feat. The 2012 team went a perfect 10-0 in the Great South.
- The women's tennis team got its season going on Saturday with a win over Snead State. The match was the only dual contest scheduled for the fall for the program.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Cross Country: The teams are back on the course on Saturday at the Maryville Invitational starting at 9 a.m.
- Men's Soccer: The Scots host Piedmont on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m., then host Pfeiffer on Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
- Women's Soccer: The women are also home twice this week against Agnes Scott (Wednesday at 4 p.m.) and Brevard (Saturday at 2 p.m.)
- Volleyball: The Lady Scots travel to nationally-ranked Emory on Thursday at 7 p.m., before hosting Huntingdon (12 p.m.) and Agnes Scott (4 p.m.) on Saturday at Barnes PE Center.
- Men's Tennis: Several men's players will compete in the ITA Regional tournament this weekend in Rome, Ga.
COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Ginny Moore and Carl Simakoff. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Ginny Moore - Sr. - Volleyball||Carl Simakoff - Jr. - Soccer|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here