Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
SCOTS IN THE NEWS:
Aikens, Smith Earn USA South Cross Country Weekly Honors
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. --The Covenant cross country teams garnered three weekly USA South honors this week as men's freshman Caleb Aikens was named the Rookie Runner of the Week and Runner of the Week, while junior Lilly Smith claimed the women's Runner of the Week award... FULL STORY
- The women's soccer team continued its dominant defensive stretch to begin the year. The Lady Scots have yet to allow a goal in three matches and are 3-0 for the first time since 2010. Saturday's 1-0 overtime victory against Transylvania was also the first victory over the Pioneers in three matches all-time.
- Women's soccer sophomore Addy Cronan has been an offensive force so far. The transfer from Berry has tallied a goal in each of the first three matches of the year, including the game-winner in overtime in Saturday's win over Transylvania. Cronan leads the team with four goals on the year.
- Defense has also been strong for the men's soccer team. The Scots recorded two straight shutouts on the week and keeper Jonathan Crossman registered two shutouts and allowed just one goal in three matches last week.
- Volleyball sophomore Allie Jakes set a program record with 10 block assists in Covenant's 3-2 loss to Chapman on Saturday. Jakes had 14 total blocks in the contest, tying for second in a single-match in program history.
- Volleyball senior Schuyler Moore was named to the Emory Classic All-Tournament team. Moore nearly had a triple-double in the Classic opener with nine kills, 27 assists and 19 digs. She had 36 assists and 18 digs in Covnant's 3-1 win over Howard Payne during the tournament.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Cross Country: Runners are back in action on Saturday at the Falcon Classic, hosted by Montevallo.
- Men's Soccer: The Scots host USA South foes N.C. Wesleyan (Friday at 6:30 p.m.) and Methodist (Saturday at 7 p.m.).
- Women's Soccer: Covenant travels to Sewanee on Wednesday for an 8:30 p.m. EDT kickoff before hosting Oglethorpe on Saturday at 5 p.m.
- Volleyball: Covenant also goes to Sewanee on Wednesday for a 7 p.m. EDT first serve before taveling to Maryville to play Averett (Friday at 6 p.m.), Greensboro (Saturday at 11 a.m.) and William Peace (1:30 p.m.) in non-conference action.
COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Rachel Lemay and Jonathan Crossman. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Rachel Lemay - Jr. - Soccer||Jonathan Crossman - Sr. - Soccer|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at [email protected] with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here