Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
SCOTS IN THE NEWS:
Introducing the Scots Athletic Club
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The Covenant College athletic department and director of athletics Tim Sceggel have announced the addition of the Scots Athletic Club, a booster club initiative that will help support the department's 14 intercollegiate athletic programs... FULL STORY
Lemay Named All-South Atlantic Region Second Team
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Covenant women's soccer junior goalkeeper Rachel Lemay was selected to the United Soccer Coaches (USC) All-South Atlantic Region second team, announced the organization late Tuesday... FULL STORY
HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
Patjo Twagirayezu threw down a monstrous dunk in Covenant's 89-85 victory over LaGrange on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017.
- Barnes PE Center has been a house of horrors for teams throughout the year as Covenant teams are a combined 17-1 on the court this season. Volleyball went 11-0 on the floor, while men's basketball is currently 3-0 and women's hoops 3-1.
- Men's basketball senior Patjo Twagirayezu registered his second 30-plus point effort of the season in Saturday's 93-64 win over Berea with 30 points. The senior scored a career-high 32 points in a win over Birmingham Southern on Nov. 21. Twagirayezu is the first Covenant player to have multiple 30-point scoring games in a season since Jacob Skogen had five such performances in 2006-07.
- Women's basketball junior Joanna Smith averaged a double-double on the week and recorded two double-doubles in Covenant's three games. Smith now has 17 double-doubles in her career.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Men's Basketball: The Scots travel to Sewanee on Tuesday (8 p.m. EST) and Emory on Wednesday (7 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: Covenant plays just once this week, hosting Berry on Saturday at 2 p.m.
COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Joanna Smith and Patjo Twagirayezu. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Joanna Smith - Jr. - Basketball||Patjo Twagirayezu - Sr. - Basketball|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at email@example.com with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here