Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
Men 13th of 19; Women 8th of 19 at Berry Invitational
11th of 18 at Ted Keller Memorial
SCOTS IN THE NEWS:
Riggs Earns USA South Rookie of the Week Honors
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- Covenant men's soccer freshman Jesse Riggs has been named the USA South Rookie of the Week for the period ending Oct. 9, 2016, announced the conference on Monday afternoon... FULL STORY
- The women's soccer team has stifled opponents all season long allowing just six goals. But the Lady Scots have not surrendered a goal in six straight matches and have a current streak of over 564 shut out minutes. Covenant last allowed a goal on Sept. 30.
- 11 cross country runners set personal records in Saturday's meet at Berry. Lilly Smith finished 22nd overall with a time of 24:15, the sixth fastest 6k in program history. On the men's side, Micah Sneller, Caleb Keitt, Matthew Tueller, Phil Carrenard, Charles Taylor and Caleb McKillop earned PRs, while Hannah Samuels, Anna Danek, Caroline Pepper and Hannah Cotton, along with Smith, had personal bests on the women's side.
- Jesse Riggs became the first men's soccer player to be named USA South Rookie of the Week since Covenant joined the league in 2013. Riggs earned the honor on Oct. 10 after collecting two goals and three assists the week before.
- Basketball season is nearing. Both men's and women's teams began practicing on Oct. 15. Season openers are set for Nov. 15 at Barnes PE Center with the women hosting Sewanee at 5:30 p.m. followed by the men against Emory at 7:30 p.m.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Men's Golf: The Scots are in action on Monday and Tuesday at the Chick-fil-A Collegiate in Rome, Ga.
- Men's Soccer: Covenant travels to Demorest, Ga., to face Piedmont on Tuesday at 7 p.m. and then will conclude the regular season at home on Saturday against Emory (4 p.m.).
- Women's Soccer: The Lady Scots wrap up the regular season with big USA South road contests at Piedmont (Friday at 4 p.m.) and at Salem (Saturday at 4:30 p.m.).
- Volleyball: Covenant travels to Maryville on Tuesday at 7 p.m. for a USA South matchup and then will go to Demorest, Ga., on Saturday for a tri-match against Piedmont (12 p.m.) and Huntingdon (2 p.m.).
THRIVE COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Thrive Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Anna Porch and Micah Sneller. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Anna Porch - Sr. - Soccer||Micah Sneller - So. - Cross Country|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here