Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
Men 2nd of 6; Women 2nd of 4 at Maryville Invitational
Competed in the ITA South Regional Tournament (full results/recap coming soon)
- Lilly Smith won her first collegiate race on Saturday by claiming the Maryville Invitational individual title. Smith bested all 38 college runners with a 6k time of 25:20.4. In the men's race, Micah Sneller placed fourth overall.
- Men's soccer freshman Jesse Riggs has been a roll of late for the Scots. Riggs has scored in three of the last four matches, including both contests this past week, and leads the team with four goals on the year.
- The women's soccer team picked up another shutout last week with a 2-0 win at Agnes Scott on Saturday. The Lady Scots have produced five shutouts in the first 10 matches of the year, while keeper Rachel Lemay has tallied four complete shutouts on the year.
- The volleyball team will open the home schedule on Saturday after playing the first 19 matches away from Barnes PE Center. The Lady Scots have been balanced on offense so far this season with Ginny Moore leading the way at 2.98 kills per set, while Jessica Seehorn and Hannah Harris have averaged 2.15 and 1.80 kills per set, respectively. Schuyler Moore is averaging 8.85 assists per set, while Hannah Stewart leads the defense with 3.94 digs per set. Covenant has won six of its last eight matches overall heading into Thursday's match at Huntingdon.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Cross Country: Covenant will race in the Piedmont College Invitational on Saturday in Tallulah Falls, Ga. Races start at 10 a.m.
- Men's Soccer: The Scots travel to Sewanee on Tuesday (8 p.m. EDT) for a non-conference match. Covenant then hosts Huntingdon (Friday at 4 p.m.) and LaGrange (Saturday at 2 p.m.) this weekend.
- Women's Soccer: The Lady Scots host Huntingdon on Friday at 6:30 p.m., and LaGrange on Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
- Volleyball: Covenant plays at Huntingdon on Thursday at 7 p.m. EDT. The Lady Scots then, finally, open the home schedule on Saturday against Salem (10 a.m.) and nationally-ranked Emory (2 p.m.) at Barnes PE Center.
THRIVE COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Thrive Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Lilly Smith and Jesse Riggs. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Lilly Smith - So. - Cross Country||Jesse Riggs - Fr. - Soccer|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at [email protected] with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here