Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
5th of 8 at Piedmont Fall Invitational
SCOTS IN THE NEWS:
Hightower, Lemay Collect USA South Weekly Honors
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- Covenant women's soccer players earned USA South weekly honors, announced the conference on Monday afternoon. Freshman Lizzy Hightower was named USA South Rookie of the Week, while sophomore Rachel Lemay was the conference's Defensive Player of the Week... FULL STORY
Engbers Named Head Softball Coach
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- Christine Engbers has been named the Head Softball Coach at Covenant, announced Covenant Director of Athletics Tim Sceggel... FULL STORY
- On Saturday, Sept. 17, Covenant was presented the USA South Sportsmanship Trophy for 2016 by conference commissioner Dr. Tom Hart. Check out a video recap of the presentation here
- On that same day, former Covenant women's soccer standout Ruth Terry Vilches was presented the 2016 USA South Woman of the Year award. Check out the video recap of that presentation here
- Volleyball junior Ginny Moore became the third player in the program since 2001 to collect 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs in a career as she recorded her 1,000th career kill on Saturday. Moore is just the fifth player to tally 1,000 career kills since 2001.
- The women's soccer team picked up two more shutout victories this week and have four shutouts in seven matches on the year. The Lady Scots have not surrendered a goal in nearly 292 minutes of game action.
- For a second straight year, men's golf sophomore Marshall Kent earned a spot on the Piedmont Fall Invitational All-Tournament team. Kent shot a career-best 2-under 70 in the first round and finished in a tie for second at the Invitational with a score of 147.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Cross Country: Covenant will race in the Maryville College Invitational on Saturday. Races start at 9 a.m.
- Men's Soccer: Covenant travels to Birmingham Southern on Tuesday (8 p.m. EDT) before taking on Maryville on the road on Friday (7 p.m.).
- Women's Soccer: The Lady Scots will also be on the road for three matches this week as they play at Maryville on Tuesday (7 p.m.), then at Wesleyan on Friday (4 p.m.) and at Agnes Scott on Saturday (2 p.m.)
- Men's Tennis: Covenant will send players to the ITA regional tournament this weekend in Sewanee, Tenn.
- Volleyball: The Lady Scots play at Meredith (1 p.m.) and vs. Ferrum (3 p.m.) Friday in Raleigh, N.C. Covenant then travels to Rocky Mount, N.C., on Saturday to face N.C. Wesleyan (1 p.m.) and Mary Baldwin (3 p.m.)
THRIVE COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Thrive Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Schuyler Moore and Marshall Kent. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Schuyler Moore - Jr. - Volleyball||Marshall Kent - So. - Golf|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here