Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
2nd of 2 at Battle of the Scots
Track and Field
Men 10th; Women 17th at Berry Field Day Invitational
DIVISION III WEEK RECAP:
Last week marked the annual NCAA Division III Week, a week-long event put on by the NCAA to celebrate the accomplishments on and off the field of student-athletes in the association's largest division. To celebrate, athletics.covenant.edu featured a series of stories written by student-athletes about their time at Covenant and the impact it has made. To view these, click here
SCOTS IN THE NEWS:
Hull Garners Second USA South Rookie of the Week Award
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- For a second time this season, Covenant men's tennis freshman Logan Hull has been named the USA South Rookie of the Week, as the conference announced its weekly honors on Monday... FULL STORY
USA SOUTH TOURNAMENT UPDATE:
- Men's Tennis claimed the USA South West Division regular season title, along with Piedmont, and will be the No. 1 seed from the West in this week's USA South Tournament in LaGrange, Ga. The Scots will take on the winner of Huntingdon-Averett in the semifinal round of the tournament on Friday at 10 a.m.
- Women's Tennis also took a regular season USA South West Division title after finishing the year with a perfect 7-0 conference record. The Lady Scots face Averett in the first round of the USA South Tournament on Thursday at 2 p.m. in LaGrange, Ga.
- Men's Golf qualified for the USA South Tournament, edging out Averett in the GolfStat rankings. The Scots open the 54-hole tournament on Thursday morning at Highland Country Club in LaGrange, Ga.
- Baseball senior Luke Harvey collected five hits in the Scots' 11-10, 10-inning victory at Piedmont on Saturday. The five hits ties a single-game program record and Harvey joins Caleb Bloye and James Rollins as the only three players in the program's history to achieve the feat.
- Women's tennis senior Gracie Smith reached two milestones on the week. Smith collected her 50th career singles victory on Wednesday with a win over Maryville. Smith and Claire Luger each got their 50th career doubles victory with a win at No. 2 against LaGrange on Saturday. Smith is the program's career singles wins leader, while she and Luger share the career doubles record.
- Both tennis teams claimed USA South West Division regular season titles, marking the first conference title for each program. The women finished the regular season with a 7-0 USA South record, and have won 17 straight regular season conference matches going back to last year. The men finished 7-1 and shared the division title with Piedmont, but earned the top-seed in this week's tournament.
- The men's tennis team also broke a program record for victories in a season with their 12th in Saturday's victory over LaGrange. In the win on Saturday, Chris Cox notched his 15th doubles win of the year, breaking the previous single-season record of 14 by Josh Jeremiah in 2010.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Baseball: The Scots travel to play Sewanee for a doubleheader on Tuesday starting at 2 p.m. EDT (1 p.m. CDT).
- Men's Golf: Covenant will open the USA South Tournament on Thursday morning in LaGrange, Ga. The tournament runs from April 13-15.
- Men's Tennis: The Scots have a bye in the USA South Tournament and will play either Huntingdon or Averett in the semifinal round on Friday at 10 a.m. in LaGrange, Ga.
- Women's Tennis: The Lady Scots open the USA South Tournament on Thursday against Averett at 2 p.m. in LaGrange, Ga.
THRIVE COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Thrive Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Aly Hall and Kyle Delk. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Aly Hall - Jr. - Tennis||Kyle Delk - Jr. - Track & Field|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at email@example.com with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here