Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
SCOTS IN THE NEWS:
Brett Collects USA South Player of the Week Honors
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- Covenant softball senior third baseman Jordan Brett has been named the USA South Player of the Week, for the period ending March 5, 2017, announced the conference on Monday... FULL STORY
Men's Basketball Voted USA South Team Sportsmanship Winner
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- For a second consecutive year, the Covenant men's basketball team has been voted as the USA South Team Sportsmanship Award winner for the sport, announced the league on Wednesday... FULL STORY
- Softball senior Jordan Brett had another outstanding week. After being named USA South Player of the Week on Monday, the senior had five more hits and five RBIs on the week. She surpassed 100 career RBIs on Saturday, while extending her hitting streak to 11 games. Brett is just the second player to accumulate 100 career RBIs and 100 career runs scored in program history, joining Beth Harris.
- Covenant teams continue to reap USA South sportsmanship awards. The men's basketball program was voted as the sport's winner in the USA South for a second straight year and Covenant has collected three team sportsmanship trophies so far this academic year. Covenant has won the overall USA South Sportsmanship Trophy three straight years.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Baseball: The Scots travel to Sewanee for a doubleheader on Tuesday (1 p.m. EDT; 12 PM CDT). Covenant then plays at Emory on Friday (3 p.m.) before hosting Emory on Saturday for a doubleheader (1 p.m.)
- Softball: Covenant hosts Agnes Scott on Monday at 12 p.m. for a doubleheader. The Lady Scots then host Maryville on Wednesday (2 p.m. DH), N.C. Wesleyan on Friday (2 p.m. DH) and William Peace on Saturday (1 p.m. DH). Saturday will be Senior Day.
- Men's Tennis: The Scots play at Maryville on Thursday at 3:30 p.m., then host LaGrange (10:30 a.m.) and Emory & Henry (2:30 p.m.) on Saturday.
- Women's Tennis: Covenant hosts Oglethorpe on Wednesday at 4 p.m., then host LaGrange (10:30 a.m.) and Emory & Henry (2:30 p.m.) on Saturday.
- Track & Field: The teams head to Atlanta to compete in the Emory Invitational on Friday and Saturday.
THRIVE COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Thrive Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Jordan Brett and Julien Amorelli. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Jordan Brett - Sr. - Softball||Julien Amorelli - Sr. - Baseball|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at email@example.com with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here