Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
Men's Basketball (0-1)
L, 66-82 at Averett (USA South Tournament)
3rd of 4 at Reeder Cup
L, 4-5 vs. #5 Berry
L, 0-8 vs. #5 Berry
Men's Tennis (1-2)
L, 1-8 at Millsaps
L, 2-7 at Rhodes
W, 9-0 vs. Hendrix
Women's Tennis (0-3)
L, 2-7 at Millsaps
L, 2-7 at Rhodes
L, 4-5 vs. Hendrix
SCOTS IN THE NEWS:
Hull Named USA South Rookie of the Week
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- Covenant men's tennis freshman Logan Hull has been named the USA South Rookie of the Week, for the period ending Feb. 19, announced the conference on Monday... FULL STORY
Twagirayezu, Arima Honored by USA South
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- Covenant men's basketball junior Patjo Twagirayezu was voted to the All-USA South second team and senior Z Arima was the Scots' representative on the All-Sportsmanship team as the conference announced its postseason awards on Wednesday, Feb. 22... FULL STORY
- Baseball senior Luke Harvey stole three more bases last week and is now tied for the program record for career steals at 55. Harvey already set the single-season program record for steals with 26 a season ago. Harvey is currently tied with Will Cleland for the program record.
- Women's tennis senior Gracie Smith continued her solid play to begin the season. Smith is a perfect 6-0 in dual match singles play after going 3-0 over the weekend. The senior continues to etch her name in the program's record book as she has accumulated 43 career singles victories, 13 more than the next closest player.
- For the first time in five years, the men's golf team hosted a full Reeder Cup. The Scots, led by a second-place finish from Nathan Hawkins, placed third in the event. Hawkins' finish was his highest as a collegiate player. Nationally-ranked Sewanee took home both team and individual titles in the event.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Baseball: The Scots host Maryville for a three-game series on Friday (2 p.m.) and Saturday (12 p.m. DH).
- Softball: The Lady Scots host Agnes Scott on Tuesday to open USA South play at 2 p.m. Covenant then hosts Wesleyan for a doubleheader on Friday at 1 p.m. before traveling to Berea on Saturday for a doubleheader at 1 p.m.
- Men's Tennis: The Scots host Oglethorpe on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. then play Centre (10 a.m.) and Asbury (3 p.m.) on Saturday in Danville, Ky.
- Women's Tennis: Covenant hosts Oglethorpe on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. then play Centre (10 a.m.) and Asbury (3 p.m.) on Saturday in Danville, Ky.
- Track & Field: The outdoor season begins on Saturday at Berry's Victor Icebreaker Duals in Rome, Ga.
THRIVE COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Thrive Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Gracie Smith and Matthew Harvie. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Gracie Smith - Sr. - Tennis||Matthew Harvie - Jr. - Tennis|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at email@example.com with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here