Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
- Overtimes have been friendly to the men's basketball team of late. The Scots knocked off William Peace 84-82 in overtime on Saturday and it was the Scots' second OT win of the season. Covenant has won three straight overtime games since the start of the 2015-16 season, and six of the last seven overall dating back to the beginning of the 2013-14 year.
- Men's basketball junior Patjo Twagirayezu set career-highs in two different categories over the weekend. The junior had a career-best 13 rebounds (to go along with 20 points) in a loss to N.C. Wesleyan on Friday before tallying a career-high 26 points in the overtime win against William Peace on Saturday.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Baseball: Season-opening series is set for Friday and Saturday as the Scots host Greensboro. Single game on Friday at 2 p.m., doubleheader on Saturday starting at 12 p.m.
- Men's Basketball: The Scots host Sewanee on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m., then host Huntingdon on Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Women's Basketball: Covenant hosts Maryville on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. The Scots then host Wesleyan on Friday (7:30 p.m.) and Agnes Scott (4 p.m.) on Saturday. Saturday's contest will be Senior Day.
- Softball: Lady Scots get season started on Saturday by hosting Rust for a doubleheader starting at 1 p.m.
THRIVE COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Thrive Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Emma Grimes and Bailey Spragg. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Joanna Smith - So - Basketball||Patjo Twagirayezu - Jr. - Basketball|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here