Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
Men's Basketball (1-0)
W, 68-65 at Birmingham Southern
Women's Basketball (1-0)
W, 65-52 at Berry
- The men's basketball team picked up its second win over a 2016 NCAA Tournament participant with a 68-65 victory at Birmingham Southern last Tuesday. The Scots have won two straight against the Panthers after dropping the first eight meetings in the all-time series.
- The Scots' win at Birmingham Southern also snapped a 17-game home winning streak for the Panthers. BSC had not lost at home since Feb. 13, 2015.
- The women's basketball team is off to its first 4-0 start since the 1996-97 season after Tuesday's 65-52 win at Berry. The Scots will seek the program's first-ever 5-0 start to a season next Tuesday against Oglethorpe (5:30 p.m. at Barnes PE Center).
- Part of the reason for the 4-0 start for the women's basketball team is its play in the third and fourth periods. Covenant has outscored its opponents by a combined 49 points in those two quarters through the first four games of the year.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Men's Basketball: Covenant travels to Sewanee on Tuesday for an 8 p.m. EST tip-off.
- Women's Basketball: The Scots do not play this week and return to action on Tuesday, Dec. 6 at home vs. Oglethorpe.
THRIVE COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Thrive Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Aleigha Williams and Patjo Twagirayezu. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Aleigha Williams - Sr. - Basketball||Patjo Twagirayezu - Jr. - Basketball|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at email@example.com with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here