Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
SCOTS IN THE NEWS:
Covenant and USA South Complete Cans Across the Conference Initiative
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- The USA South Athletic Conference's "Cans Across the Conference" initiative recently came to a close as the 16 conference member institutions collected cans and other non-perishable items at their school to benefit a local charity... FULL STORY
- The men's basketball team's 74-70 win over No. 15-ranked Emory last Tuesday marked the first time in the NCAA era of the program that the Scots have defeated a nationally-ranked opponent. It was also the first program win over Emory in eight meetings.
- The men's basketball team hit 19 3-pointers in Friday's 100-67 win over Dallas. That tied the single-game USA South record and is the most 3-pointers made by a Covenant team since making 20 in a 100-93 loss to Shorter on Nov. 8, 2005.
- Arte Culver became just the third Covenant men's basketball head coach to win his debut with Tuesday's win over Emory, and the first since Ken Brooks in 1992-93. With Friday's win over Dallas, Culver joined Gene Fitzgerald as the only two coaches in program history to win their first two games.
- The women's basketball team has started 3-0 for the first time since 2012-13. The Scots will be seeking their first 4-0 start to a season since 1996-97 when they travel to Berry on Tuesday.
- The women's basketball team hit the century mark in a 100-64 win over Mary Baldwin on Saturday. Covenant had not scored 100 points in a game since Feb. 9, 2008 (100-77 win over Virginia Intermont).
Highlights from the women's basketball team's 68-58 win over Sewanee on Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016.
Highlights from the men's basketball team's 74-70 win over No. 15 Emory on Tuesday Nov. 15, 2016.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Men's Basketball: Covenant travels to Birmingham Southern on Tuesday for an 8:30 p.m. EST tip-off.
- Women's Basketball: The Scots face Berry on Tuesday in Rome, Ga., at 8 p.m.
THRIVE COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Thrive Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Kaley Hallmark and Berto Dryden. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Kaley Hallmark - So. - Basketball||Berto Dryden - Jr. - Basketball|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here