Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
SCOTS IN THE NEWS:
Women's Tennis Ranked Regionally at Conclusion of Fall Season
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- The Covenant women's tennis team finished the fall portion of the season with a 2-0 record and has been regionally ranked by the ITA, as the organization announced its poll last week. The Lady Scots are ranked 18th in the Atlantic South region poll... FULL STORY
Ginny Moore Tabbed AVCA All-Region Honorable Mention
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- Covenant volleyball junior outside hitter Ginny Moore was selected to the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) All-South Region honorable mention team, as the organization announced on Thursday... FULL STORY
- The basketball teams open the year at home on Tuesday night at Barnes PE Center. Promotional items are scheduled for the games as each fan that brings two canned food items, for SAAC's Canned Food Drive, will receive a rally towel. Additionally, for each can donated a raffle ticket will be given to the donor for a chance to win a Scots prize pack.
- The 17th place finish for the women's cross country team at Saturday's NCAA South/Southeast region meet was the best region finish in program history. The women placed 18th in each of the last three region meets.
- Covenant will host four men's basketball games at Barnes PE Center on Friday and Saturday. LaGrange and Emory & Henry square off on Friday at 5:30 p.m., followed by Covenant and University of Dallas at 7:30 p.m. On Saturday, LaGrange plays University of Dallas at 4 with Covenant hosting Emory & Henry at 6. Admission is free for all games.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Men's Basketball: Covenant opens the year with three home games. The Scots host Emory on Tuesday (7:30 p.m.) followed by University of Dallas on Friday (7:30 p.m.) and Emory & Henry on Saturday (6 p.m.).
- Women's Basketball: The Scots host Sewanee on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. Covenant then goes to Danville, Ky., to face Centre on Friday (7 p.m.) and Mary Baldwin on Saturday (1 p.m.)
THRIVE COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Thrive Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Ginny Moore and Nathan Hawkins. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Lilly Smith - So. - Cross Country||Micah Sneller - So. - Cross Country|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here