Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
Men 2nd of 3, Women 2nd of 3 at Mountaintop Invitational
Women's Soccer (0-1)
L, 0-1 at Berry
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, click here for the composite calendar
- Cross Country: The teams will compete in the UTC PowerAde Invitational on Friday, Sept. 9 at Moccasin Bend in Chattanooga. Races start at 5:45 p.m.
- Men's Golf: Covenant opens the season with a dual match at Sewanee on Wednesday
- Men's Soccer: The Scots will host the David Taaffe Invitational this weekend with all matches taking place at Scotland Yard. The schedule is below
- Maryville vs. Millsaps - Friday, 5 p.m.
- Belhaven vs. Covenant - Friday, 7 p.m.
- Belhaven vs. Maryville - Saturday, 5 p.m.
- Millsaps vs. Covenant - Saturday, 7 p.m.
- Women's Soccer: The Lady Scots have their home opener on Wednesday against Sewanee ( 8 p.m.)
- Volleyball: Covenant will travel to Memphis, Tenn., to compete in the Blues City Invite, hosted at Rhodes College. The Lady Scots face Sewanee (7 p.m.) and Millsaps (9 p.m.) on Friday, followed by Birmingham Southern (2 p.m.) and host Rhodes (4 p.m.) on Saturday.
THRIVE COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Thrive Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Lilly Smith and Micah Sneller. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Lilly Smith - So. - Cross Country||Micah Sneller - So. - Cross Country|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here