Get caught up on all the latest happenings in Covenant athletics with today's edition of Scots Weekly. Every Monday, we'll recap the past week in Covenant athletics with news, scores and notes.
Results (Feb. 2-7)
Men's Basketball (0-1)
L, 45-52 vs. Maryville
Women's Tennis (1-0)
W, 7-2 vs. Snead State
BY THE NUMBERS:
1: Number of career double-doubles for women's basketball senior Morgan Woodward. Woodward recorded her first double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds (she also had seven assists) in Saturday's 82-72 overtime win over Agnes Scott on Senior Day. It was Woodward's 93rd career game.
Jan. 29, 2013: Before Saturday's overtime win, this was the last time the women's basketball team had played an overtime contest. Covenant defeated Salem 71-70 on that day in 2013 and took an 82-72 win over Agnes Scott on Saturday.
3-0: For a second straight season, the baseball team has started 3-0. The Scots swept a three-game series from Emory & Henry over the weekend. Covenant has won seven straight regular season games and has swept two straight series going back to the end of last season.
- Covenant athletic teams combined to go 5-0 over the weekend. Baseball won all three of its games, while women's basketball and women's tennis each picked up one win.
- Men's basketball plays three home games this week. Tuesday at 7 p.m. vs. Berry, Wednesday vs. Piedmont at 5:30 p.m. (doubleheader with the women) and Saturday at 2 p.m. vs. Berea (Senior Day)
- Southern Adventist's Gym Masters will perform at halftime of both men's and women's basketball games on Wednesday.
- Baseball hosts USA South foe Methodist for a three-game series beginning Friday at 2 p.m. and Saturday at 11 a.m. (doubleheader)
- Softball gets its season underway at home on Saturday vs. Berry starting at 1 p.m. (doubleheader)
- Men's tennis also opens this weekend at home against Gadsden State on Saturday at 1 p.m.
COVENANT PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:
This week's Covenant Players of the Week are women's basketball senior Morgan Woodward and baseball senior Scott Gillespie. CLICK HERE to read full highlights of the week.
|Morgan Woodward - Sr. - Basketball||Scott Gillespie - Sr. -
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at email@example.com with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.