ATLANTA, Ga. -- The Covenant volleyball team is set to make its second appearance in the NCAA Tournament when the Lady Scots play Birmingham Southern on Thursday at 12:30 p.m. in Atlanta. The match, along with the rest of the regional, will be played at the Woodruff PE Center on the campus of Emory University.
- NCAA Tournament Bracket
- NCAA Championship Program
- Visitors' Guide
- Regional Website
- Regional Bracket
- Adults - $6
- Students (with ID) & Seniors: $4
- Children under 12 - $3
- Children 2 and under - Free
- Adults - $12
- Students (with ID) & Seniors: $10
- Children under 12 - $7
- Children 2 and under - Free
- Covenant is making its second appearance in the NCAA Tournament. The Lady Scots also appeared in 2015 and lost to Hendrix, an eventual national semifinalist, 3-0, in the first round of the Mount Berry Regional.
- Covenant enters the tournament with a 24-7 overall record and has won 16 straight matches. The win streak is the longest in program history. The streak is also just one shy of tying the all-time Covenant record for longest win streak for any sport, currently held by the 1990 men's soccer team.
- Senior Ginny Moore continues to close in on program career records. Moore is just 15 kills away from tying Kate Hampson's career record in the category and is second all-time in career digs (109 away from the record).
- Schuyler Moore and Ginny Moore became the second and third players in the NCAA era of the program's history to earn all-conference honors in four straight years. Both Moores were first team All-USA South this season.
- As a senior group, the Moore twins and Jessica Seehorn have compiled an 89-43 record with three USA South regular season divisional championships, two conference tournament titles, and two NCAA Tournament appearances.
- Covenant's comeback over Averett on Saturday in the USA South Tournament championship was the first time since Aug. 31, 2013 (vs. Oglethorpe) that the team had won a five-set match after losing the first two sets.
- Coincidentally, that match in 2013 was head coach Joanna Ehman's first career coaching win. Ehman surpassed 100 career wins earlier this year and her 110 victories is second-most in program history.
- The Lady Scots have faced each of the top three seeds in the regional this year. Covenant lost to No. 1 seed Emory 3-0 on Sept. 28 in Atlanta, defeated No. 2 seed Berry 3-0 on Oct. 18 on Lookout Mountain, and lost 3-1 to No. 3 seed Birmingham Southern on Sept. 2 in Birmingham.
- Of the remaining four teams in the regional (Worcester State, Hanover, Thomas More, Christopher Newport) Covenant has never faced any of them. Christopher Newport is a former member of the USA South but departed the league as Covenant entered in 2013.
- Thursday's meeting with Birmingham Southern is the second between the programs this year and will be the seventh all-time. Covenant is 1-5 all-time against the Panthers, with the lone win coming on Aug. 29, 2014 in Birmingham
- Birmingham Southern enters the tournament with a 20-8 overall record. The Panthers finished runner-up in the SAA Tournament, falling to Berry in the championship, and received an at-large berth.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here