Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
SCOTS IN THE NEWS:
Moore Tabbed USA South Player of the Week
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- Covenant volleyball senior setter Schuyler Moore has been named the USA South Player of the Week for the period ending Oct. 15, announced the conference on Monday ... FULL STORY
Volleyball Regionally-Ranked for First Time
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN -- For the first time in the program's NCAA Division III era, the Covenant volleyball team has achieved a region ranking from the NCAA. The Lady Scots are ranked No. 8 in this week's poll, the first one of the 2017 season... FULL STORY
USA SOUTH TOURNAMENTS UPDATE:
- Women's soccer earned the No. 3 seed from the West Division and will host No. 6 seed Wesleyan on Wednesday, Oct. 25 at 4 p.m. at Scotland Yard. The winner of the match will travel to No. 2 seeded Piedmont on Saturday, Oct. 28.
- Volleyball clinched its third straight USA South divisional regular season championship with two wins on Saturday. The Lady Scots will host a quarterfinal round match at Barnes PE Center on Tuesday, Oct. 31. Time will be announced at the end of the week. The opponent will be the winner of the No. 4 vs. No. 5 seeded teams from the West, who will square off at Barnes PE Center earlier in the day on Oct. 31.
- Men's Soccer is in line to qualify for the USA South Tournament. The Scots can clinch the No. 3 seed from the West with a win over Berea on Wednesday (6 p.m. at Scotland Yard).
- Cross country teams will compete in the USA South Championships on Saturday in Tallulah Falls, Ga.
HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
Watch highlights from the volleyball team's 3-0 win over No. 1 region-ranked Berry on Wednesday, Oct. 18.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Cross Country: The teams will compete for conference titles at the USA South Championships on Saturday in Tallulah Falls, Ga. The women go at 11 a.m., while the men race at noon.
- Men's Golf: Covenant is scheduled to begin play at the annual Chick-fil-A Invitational in Rome, Ga., on Monday and conclude on Tuesday. Rain in the area on Monday could alter the tournament schedule.
- Men's Soccer: The Scots host Berea on Wednesday at 6 p.m. for Senior Night. Should the Scots clinch a spot, the USA South Tournament begins on Oct. 28 and Covenant would be on the road.
- Women's Soccer: The women host Emory on Monday at 7 p.m., then host Wesleyan in the first round of the USA South Tournament on Wednesday at 4 p.m.
- Volleyball: The Lady Scots travel to Berea on Tuesday at 6 p.m., then come home to play Sewanee on Thursday (7 p.m.) and Brevard on Saturday (2 p.m.). Saturday will be Senior Day.
COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Hannah Harris and Josh Brower. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Hannah Harris - Jr. - Volleyball||Josh Brower - So. - Soccer|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at [email protected] with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here