Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
Men 3rd, Women 4th at Berry Invitational
SCOTS IN THE NEWS:
Aikens, Smith Honored with USA South Cross Country Awards
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- Covenant cross country runners Caleb Aikens and Lilly Smith were recognized with weekly USA South honors for the period ending Oct. 8, announced the conference on Monday afternoon (Oct. 9). Aikens collected Rookie Runner of the Week, while Smith earned a second straight Runner of the Week honor... FULL STORY
HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
Watch women's soccer sophomore Lizzy Hightower put away the game-winner in the 106th minute of Covenant's 2-1 win over Berry on Wednesday, Oct. 11.
JOANNA EHMAN EARNS 100TH CAREER WIN:
Volleyball head coach Joanna Ehman notched her 100th career coaching win with Covenant's 3-1 victory over Piedmont on Saturday. Ehman, in her fifth year at the helm of her alma mater, is 101-54 (.651) in her career. Additionally, Ehman's teams are 57-15 inside the USA South during regular season play and have accumulated two regular season championships and a conference tournament title during her tenure.
- The cross country teams continued their strong seasons on Saturday at the Berry Invitational. Both teams finished in the top five of their respective races, while 11 runners (nine men, two women) set personal records on the day. The teams have now each tallied four top-five finishes out of five events on the year.
- Defense remains a theme for the women's soccer team. The Lady Scots picked up two more shutouts last week and have accumulated eight on the year. Covenant's goals against average of 0.77 is fourth in the USA South and the 11 goals allowed are third in the league.
- The volleyball team inched closer to another USA South regular season championship with three more wins last week. Covenant is 9-0 in league play and sits atop the West Division with just three matches remaining against Huntingdon, Agnes Scott, and Berea. The Lady Scots have won seven straight matches overall and 12 of the last 13.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Men's Soccer: The Scots travel to Huntingdon on Tuesday at 5 p.m. before going to Greensboro on Friday (3 p.m.) and William Peace on Saturday (1 p.m.)
- Women's Soccer: The women open up the final homestand of the year as they host Maryville on Thursday at 7 p.m. and Wesleyan on Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
- Volleyball: The Lady Scots host Berry on Wednesday at 7 p.m. before travelling to face Huntingdon (2 p.m.) and Agnes Scott (4 p.m.) on Saturday in Decatur, Ga.
COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Schuyler Moore and Caleb Aikens. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Schuyler Moore - Sr. - Volleyball||Caleb Aikens - Fr. - Cross Country|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here