Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
Track & Field
Men 13th; Women 18th at Falcon Classic
SCOTS IN THE NEWS:
Hall Earns USA South Player of the Week Honor
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- Covenant women's tennis junior Aly Hall has been named the USA South Player of the Week, for the period ending March 19, announced the conference on Monday... FULL STORY
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK:
The softball team split its home finale doubleheader with Centre on Wednesday. Below are highlights from the Lady Scots' 6-4, game two victory.
In men's tennis action, Logan Hull puts away a winner at No. 2 doubles as he and Micah Fox won the tiebreak over Huntingdon to take a 9-8 (5) win and give the Scots a match lead on Saturday.
- Jordan Brett became the softball program's all-time leading hitter as she surpassed Beth Harris and Morgan Lane for most career hits. Brett got career hit No. 178 in Friday's second game against Mary Baldwin when she crushed a two-run homer in the fifth inning.
- About an hour before Brett broke a program record, baseball head coach Doug Simons reached a milestone victory. The Scots defeated William Peace 3-2 in Friday's opener and that gave Simons his 200th career coaching victory. Simons, in his 11th year as head coach, has guided the Scots into the program's modern era and led them to two national tournaments and a conference championship
- The softball team set a program record for longest game with its 11-inning, 7-6 loss to Ferrum on Saturday. The Lady Scots had played two 10-inning games in program history, but hadn't played a double-digit inning contest since April of 2009. The Lady Scots are 1-2 all-time in games that last 10-plus innings.
- The women's tennis team has now won 12 straight USA South regular season matches dating back to February of 2016. Covenant defeated Agnes Scott 7-2 and Wesleyan 9-0 over the weekend to open conference play.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Baseball: The Scots host Berry on Tuesday at 3 p.m., before hosting Huntingdon for a three-game series this weekend. Game one is Friday at 3 p.m., followed by a doubleheader on Saturday starting at 12 p.m.
- Men's Golf: Covenant competes in the Wynlakes Intercollegiate on Monday and Tuesday in Montgomery, Ala.
- Softball: Covenant travels to Sewanee on Wednesday (4 p.m. DH) and then finishes the regular season at Salem on Friday (2 p.m. DH) and Piedmont on Saturday (1 p.m. DH).
- Men's Tennis: The Scots go to Piedmont on Tuesday (3 p.m.) and then host Sewanee on Friday (4 p.m.) and Berea on Saturday (2 p.m.). Saturday will be Senior Day.
- Women's Tennis: The Lady Scots travel to play Piedmont on Tuesday (3 p.m.) and then host Sewanee on Friday (4 p.m.) followed by Salem (11 a.m.) and Berea (2 p.m.) on Saturday. Saturday will also be Senior Day.
THRIVE COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Thrive Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Esther Eddy and Matthew Harvie. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Esther Eddy - Fr. - Tennis||Matthew Harvie - Jr. - Tennis|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here