Returning this year is Scots Weekly, a weekly publication that highlights the past week's Covenant athletic events with news, notes and more.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
Track & Field
Competed in Victor Icebreaker Duals
SCOTS IN THE NEWS:
Harvie Tabbed USA South Player of the Week
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- Following a weekend in which he picked up four total victories, Covenant men's tennis junior Matthew Harvie has been named the USA South Player of the Week for the period ending Feb. 26, announced the conference on Monday... FULL STORY
HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
A triple play is one of the rarest occurrences in baseball, but Covenant turned one on Saturday vs. Maryville. Caleb Bloye caught a pop-up bunt and tripled off runners at first and second to complete the program's first triple play. Watch below:
- Baseball senior Luke Harvey broke the program's career stolen base record with his 56th steal in Friday's 3-2 win over Maryville. Harvey eclipsed Will Cleland's mark of 55 career steal. Harvey now holds both the single-season (26) and career stolen base records at Covenant.
- Women's tennis seniors Claire Luger and Gracie Smith surpassed 40 career doubles victories each during the weekend. Luger and Smith, who are playing partners at No. 2 doubles, are both tied atop the program's career dual match doubles victories leaderboard with 41 wins each.
- The softball team went 4-0 on the week and scored a total of 44 runs in the process. Senior Jordan Brett and freshman Casey Grover provided much of the offense with three home runs and 14 RBIs combined in the wins. The 8-4 start to the season is the best 12-game start in the program's 10-year history.
For a complete list of events and links to live stats and video, if available, click here for the composite calendar
- Baseball: The Scots travel to Rocky Mount, N.C., for a three-game series against N.C. Wesleyan on Friday (12 p.m. DH) and Saturday (12 p.m.).
- Men's Golf: The Scots play in the Callaway Gardens Intercollegiate on Monday and Tuesday in Pine Mountain, Ga.
- Softball: Covenant goes to LaGrange on Wednesday (2 p.m. DH) before hosting Huntingdon on Saturday (1 p.m. DH).
THRIVE COVENANT ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
Each week, Covenant will honor a female and male student-athlete with the Thrive Covenant Athlete of the Week. This week's honorees are Jordan Brett and Matt Reitz. Click on the names below for full highlights of the recipients' week.
|Jordan Brett - Sr. - Softball||Matt Reitz - So. - Baseball|
See something missing? Have an idea to improve this column? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions of what you would like to see covered in this weekly section.
CONNECT WITH THE SCOTS
Be sure to follow the Scots all season long on athletics.covenant.edu and on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date scores, news and other information. To receive text alerts with score updates or e-newsletters, click here